Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Beginners astronomy

After years of wandering about in the dark and looking up at the stars, I decided to buy myself a telescope.  I've had a bit of an interest ever since I was a kid.  I remember having a low powered refractor that allowed me to look at the moon.

Since then the extent of my astronomy interest has been tuning in to #stargazinglive, watching the odd Brian Cox documentary and installing the starwalk app on my iphone.  My interest has been building over the past year or so.  I follow @virtualastro on twitter and Chris Hadfield when he was whizzing about the earth in the ISS.

So I now tend to know what planets are visible and where the are in the sky.   I though it was about time I had a closer look.  Sure, I can go to an observatory, but I really want to do this myself and see what I can see from my own little piece of England.

So I bought a telescope, and I've had nothing but cloudy skies since.

No comments:

Post a Comment